BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 12, 2012

Bornday outfit #2

Peace y’all,

I had what I thought was great degree day. I went to a vegetarian symposium, I got GREAT pizza, (If you have ever lived in the northeast then moved to the south, you the know pizza here is lacking. Felinni’s is the TRUTH!) and we went to see Cloud Atlas. There is still a dinner promised to me, but I was knocked out after the movie. It was nearly 3 hours and very deep. I got some money, funny cards, pistachios, and a HUGE brownie and an ice cream cake. I was really happy until I talked to my cousin. My cousin who I assume is older than I, (the women in my family get to an age, then appear to stop aging) since she has a son older than me, has a degree day the day after mine. I tried to call her at 8pm, but she was at the club….. I need to do some serious life re-evaluation.



These garments aren't going to get the same review as other garments because I have made and reviewed other versions before. The skirt is B5760 (at some point I need to make the jacket) and M5661. I got both fabrics on sale. The skirt fabric was $3.50/yard the blouse $2/yard. I love anything leopard, but the fabric is so flimsy that it already came apart in the left seam of the picture. I’m not surprised. I used a simple stitch. The more binding stitches made the fabric got chewed in the feed plate. Even though I love it… I bought it…. I’m not really attached to it like that. I didn't even use the same thread. It has just made me want MORE leopard. And I know the leopard I want.



The skirt I’m a little more excited about. I was in Ashley Stewart and saw a pleather skirt to die for! But it was $40. Thank goodness $40 isn’t a lot of money for me. But it was more than I was willing to spend. I mean this is why we sew right? I looked at the construction and set off to find some pleather. Pleather is not cheap y’all. But… I found some that was inexpensive to start with an on sale for 50% off. I paid $7 for 2 yards. I still have enough for a hat. Had I had time, I would have gone back this weekend. They are having another sale. But I was all busy with my 9day and stuff. I love how this skirt came out. I lengthened it by 2”. And I couldn't put a hook and eye in it because my needle wouldn't have it. I love this skirt because it’s so on trend and I needed a brown skirt. This just really worked out for me. I made sure to line it up like Sheila did hers. I am so geeked. I really get the whole TNT thing Carolyn, thanks!


Peace!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Lovely outfit. Is there any way to reinforce the seam on the blouse...

Tee said...

Happy "Born day"!!!

Bootzey said...

Sheila, I tried when I was making it, but it just wasn't having any of it. It was getting chewed in and at 1 point it actually tore. It is a pretty fabric, but not really suitable. I will salvage my buttons off it.....