BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

V1296

Peace Y’all,

Y’all had a good holiday? Mine went as expected… DRAMA!!!! Oh well….

I don’t know if you remember this pattern. Over the summer I had decided to make a floral blazer from this pattern. I was ridiculously difficult, used a LOT of fabric and had boning in it. I was looking at the skirt pattern while I cut the jacket. It grew on me. I had this fabric in my stash for a while destined for a skirt so it was a good match.

The fabric is either black or navy blue with a white pinstripe. I initially thought it was navy blue. I need a navy blue skirt. That’s why I bought the fabric in the 1st place. But the navy blue thread I used didn’t match the fabric. However the black did. When I got done with the skirt I was pissed because I don’t need another black skirt. I have plenty of black skirts. BUT… In certain lighting, it looks blue. IDK. What are you gonna do?

V1296


Front


Back


Pattern Sizing: 24

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes

Where the instructions easy to follow?
Very simple. And not just Vogue simple, but simple simple

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
In the back, it’s not really easily seen on the pattern or on my picture, is like a fish tale? I like that detail.

Fabric Used:
Blue or black pinstripe suiting

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
All I did was lengthen in 2”. No big girl adjustments. I am okay sewing the biggest size out of the package. I am happy as a pig in poop that I don’t have to widen it.

Would you sew it again?
Yup, and plan too. I bought burgundy brocade. I think this will look really good in

Would you recommend it to others?
I really like this skirt. And it makes my stomach look flat!

Conclusion:
This skirt, NL6106 and B5760 are my current TNT skirt patterns. They look good on my shape and I can sew them out the package.... quickly



Peace!

0 comments: