BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 12, 2018

Simplicity 8556

Hey y'all!!!

I've been sewing.... kind of. If been doing a ton of a lot of isht. I got a ptj. I needed it. I was losing my mind as a stay-at-home housewife. I still don't work a ton of hours, but it gives me a reason to get dressed and leave the house. I appreciate that. I got an initiation. Very excited about that. I've been really working on the exterior of the house. Its a lot. You'd be surprised.... And I have a side hustle that has been keeping me busy. And.... I'm on a 21 day juice cleanse, superimposed on a diet I've been on since the beginning of the year. I've lost 30 lbs even before my fast. But you didn't pop in for that.

There is something in my life that has impacted my sewing a great deal. I have come to the realization that I am done with regular gigs. Like.... I don't think... nor am I planning to ever have another job perse'. I am working, but it's sooooo casual and plays into my side hustle. Also, I can wear what I want. So I can wear jeans or a ball gown. I no longer need to cultivate "work" attire. And since I really haven't worked n 2 years.... I need to figure out what I wear now. I don't want to be hella casual, nor do I want to be hella dressed. And on the days I'm home or traveling I want to be cute AND comfortable.

I normally HATE Simplicity patterns. But I liked this one. I really like it. I paid full price for it. But that's the new normal since Hancock's is gone. Oh well...... What I like most about this pattern is that it's a transitional garment. It's only cold here (GA) for about 3 months. Doesn't really pay to have a full wardrobe of winter clothes. So I make summer clothes and clothes that can transition.

Simplicity 8556....


Pattern Description: It's a top, jacket, coat and pants.... I made the top

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, it looked exactly like in the picture down to the color which I'm obsessed with

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yup. Only 5 pieces

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Everything. I love all the pieces

How long did to take from cut to finish?:
About 2 hours

Fabric Used:
Medium weight stretch fabric.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
Nope

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I would totally make it again

Did y'all notice the pants I have on in the pic? I haven't been able to wear them in years. The only reason I kept them was because I paid a ton of money for them. I will never throw them away. Feels good to be able to wear them again.

I'm glad I got the pics..... Because after I washed it.... It shrunk to the point that I can no longer wear it. No I didn't wash it in hot water. No I didn't prewash it. I never prewash. Judge me.




0 comments: