BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 6, 2018

New Look 6226

I lost weight.

I did according to the scale. 50 lbs. My issue is that I don’t feel like I lost weight. Yes my clothes are so loose, I have to take them all in. And everyone is telling me how small I’m getting. I just don’t believe them.

I went shopping with my trainer, and after the 2nd store, she asked me why I kept going to the plus sized section. That’s the size I feel like I wear. But, to humor her, I tried in a large in a standard size.... and it fit! Like really fit. I really don’t know what to do with that information.

When I cut patterns, I cut the largest size. Even with the weight loss... and I’m not done... I still have at least 30 more pounds to go before I’ll be satisfied.... I’m still top heavy. So when I cut patterns, I still cut the largest size in the envelope. I think maybe... if I get small enough, I’ll stop buying plus sized patterns and buy the regular size ones and cut the biggest size on them.

I made this bomber jacket the first time in 2014. It came out too small and I gave it away. I didn’t blog it either. I don’t blog wadders. Maybe I should. But I really wanted this in an African print fabric. I plan on making my husband something to match but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Shall we?




New Look 6226: Misses Baseball jacket

Patterns sizing: 16

Did it look like the photo?: Yes

What did you like or dislike about the pattern?: I don't like that the pockets open in the side seam. You have to put your hands way to far behind you to use them

Fabric: I used an Ankara fabric. I love Ankara. As you can tell a lot of the clothes I make is African fabric. I love that isht.

Pattern alterations: I added 2 inches all around and lengthened the garment. I didn't really need to add 2 inches all around. I could have gotten away with 1 inch all around. But I really needed the 2 extra inches of length.

Would I sew it again? Nope. I really don't like the pocket placement. And whereas I could make welt pocket further in the front.... I don't want to.

Would I recommend this pattern?: Yes I would. Its a good pattern, but its not for me.



Peace

PS: I made my Easter dress too big. It's gonna take awhile.....

0 comments: