BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Baby Shower

Peace!

Have you ever made a dress for a client that you didn't like? I'm a woman of a certain age.... and I'm a 5%er. I have clothing restrictions! I've been a 5%er (among other things) for so long... 3/4ths is ingrained in me! But I had a client come to me to make her a dress for her baby shower. I whipped out the patterns I had for maternity dresses and she poopooed all of them! She wanted a TIGHT dress with sequins... It just didn't seem appropriate to me. But this isn't about me. It's what SHE wanted. She's 25... This was one of my gifts to her for her shower.



If this was Project Runway, I would have definitely gone home on this dress.

The dress is cotton jersey with sequins at the top and bottom. It's tight too.... (She's 8 months pregnant in the pic) The dress wasn't hard to make but the sequins.... were a nightmare. I broke 10 needles on this dress!!! And I've sewn sequins before. So I'm pissed. I eventually gave up trying to machine sew it and just hand sewed the bottom. So a dress that should have taken an afternoon, took 3 days. Not 3 consistent days... I have a part time job.

But.... she was very happy. I guess at the end of the day that's all that matters. She was so pleased... She's referred me to a bunch of people.

Have you guys ever sewn for other people a garment that you didn't agree with? Would you? If a white supremeist came at you with some confederate fabric and asked you to make a KKK robe would you for money? At some point, I have to decide where my boundaries lie....


Peace

0 comments: