BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 12, 2011

B5464

Peace.

You what you need to get your mojo back? Finished projects! Yes I accomplished a LOT this weekend. A lot. I finished B5464 and S2696. I found the denim for B5569 on the super low low ($20 for 5 yards!). And I found other discounted fabric for other projects.

I forgot that next month is the Allah’s Garden Chapter of Allah’s 5% Nation of Gods and Earths (I know a long name, from now on AG:NGE) and I plan on doing some vending. Which means I need to make some time to tighten up my inventory. I usually vend crowns and headwraps. I’m going to add on bags too. That’s new. Always trying to improve. I have some crowns made but they are yarn. Yarn is a bit warm. I’m going to get some pre-made beanies and add on to them. 5 Black, 5 gold and 5 white. That will be new for me. Lets see how they sell… I say all this to say my sewing this month will be abbreviated. But still here.

I’m wearing B5464 so lets get that blogged shall we?



Pattern: B5464

Description: Ladies Blouse

Size: I cut a 20

Did it look like the pattern envelope when you were done sewing it? Yes

Fabric: Cotton – Pink, on sale at Hobby Lobby for $2.75

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
My issues with the pattern were totally my own fault. I didn’t do a FBA. That was pure laziness on my part. But it does close… It just pulls. I love the buttons I chose. But I made the button holes too big. That can be fixed. I adore pink and I adore ruffles. And the ruffles are so big they hide the problems. So, other than those 2 snafus, I’d say I love it.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made? None. But I should have done a FBA. I know the next time.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes I would. I’m keeping this. I already want one in yellow for next summer.


Tomorrow I plan on wearing S2696. And I will blog it then. Simply because I don’t have a picture of it yet. I also have a Vogue blouse cut. I am really moving forward on all this. And I’m geeked!


Peace!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Pretty blouse and glad your mojo is in full effect.

Bootzey said...

Thank you Sheila!

Shawnta said...

Very cute! I want to make that pattern with the flutter sleeves soon.