BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

S2696

Peace.

I said yesterday that my mojo was back; well it’s all about maintenance to keep it! I meant to sew last night but…. Well…. See… what had happened was…. I went out. One of the Gods was celebrating his bornday. I NEVER hang out (I’m too old for that. Hell so is he!). And I let an Earth convince me to just go and show my face for a few minutes. That turned into 3 hours and more drinks than I was planning. I crawled home buzzed and now am operating on only 6 hours of sleep. For some that’s cool, but anything less than 8 leaves me drained and cranky. Who parties like that on a big Monday? Luckily McDonalds was giving away (literally) coffee. Anywho…. I didn’t sew last night and I probably won’t sew this evening because I will go home, cook and pass out! Maybe the last few patients of the day will cancel… A girl can hope right?

Today I’m wearing the 2nd garment I made this weekend. I was super relieved this morning. Knowing what I was going to wear allowed me to sleep a little longer this morning. And y’all know I needed it. The God said I slept like a corpse. I was happy and excited because I really like how the tunic came out. Funny observation…. When I first cut out the pattern, I was planning a sleeveless tunic. But because I waited so long to make it, I had to add sleeves to it. Hell, if I’d waited any longer, I’d have to add long sleeves to it! All in all I’m happy with how it came out. BUT…. I used cotton and now I fear it looks like a scrub top. I’m going to have to think about that. But here goes….

S2696



Description: Ladies Tunic

Size: 20

Did it look like the pattern envelope when you were done sewing it? Yes it did

Fabric: Cotton

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn’t need them

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It was very easy to whip up. From cut to complete took 2 hours. I dislike that it looks a little like a scrub top. But that may be my choice of fabric. Maybe if the sleeves were different….

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made? I lengthened it by 4 inches. Not because I’m tall but because I knew that I would belt it and I wanted a good showing from under the belt. Next time I make this, if I make the same sleeves, I will use a contrasting color on the inside of the sleeve.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes I would. Both counts


Peace!

2 comments:

Shawnta said...

A party will show your age! If you had pockets on your chest then it would scream scrub top so I think your fine.

Bootzey said...

Thanks Shawnta